ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN POSITION
Menard County Highway Department is accepting applications for a full-time administrative technician.
Responsibilities will consist of:
· Overseeing payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
· Monitoring revenue and expense classification along with inventory control functions.
· Maintaining budgets for all Road and Bridges funds to include billing, revenue, state and federal reporting, etc. for all Department functions.
· Responsible for Motor Fuel Tax accounts for the Highway Department and the nine (9) Road Districts within the county including billing, reporting, and audits.
· Maintaining various cost ledgers, cash journals, accounting registers, and other financial records.
· Preparing revenue and/or expense estimates for review, budgets, and financial reports.
· Performing duties as the purchasing agent by determining current prices of needed items, preparing purchase orders, and ordering materials for the Highway Department.
· Review contracts/agreements and resolutions for lettings and construction projects.
· Maintaining contract files for yearly maintenance and construction projects.
· Working closely with the County Engineer to ensure proper contract billing, reporting, project close-out, and budgeting.
· Overseeing the Highway Department insurance and liability compliance including personnel files and a drug & alcohol testing
· Performing other duties assigned by the County Engineer.
· Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office software
· Accounting background preferred
· Motor Fuel Tax knowledge beneficial
· Quickbooks knowledge beneficial
· Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all office and employee related information
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Self-motived individual in completing required tasks
· Must be trustworthy and work well with others inside and outside of the Highway Department (i.e. State agencies).
Qualified candidates may submit a resume at the Highway Office, 15620 Chautauqua Road, Petersburg IL or by emailing the Menard County Highway Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard and electronic copies of resumes should be submitted to the County Highway Office by 3:00 PM on October 14, 2022.
Menard County is an equal opportunity employer.